When children are young, the tallest peak in the world is their dad’s shoulders. When they’re up there, the world seems conquerable and everything possible.
“What do I owe my father? Everything” - Henry Van Dyke
Who is a father? Fathers are those valiant warriors who protect their children from all harm. When the monsters underneath our beds give us sleepless nights, it’s the dads who tell us it’s just a figment of our imagination. They teach us the sanctity of hard work and the importance of doing the right thing. Fathers are the rocks that can weather all storms and the support who pick us up when we fall. In short, they are our North Stars, and their teachings faithfully guide through life even when they’re not there.
In the words of Sigmund Freud,
“I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.”
Father’s day is a day to celebrate the contributions and sacrifices these men make all their lives. It’s that time of the year when it’s important to show your dad just how much you appreciate everything they’ve done for you. And what better way to show this appreciation than by giving him a gift with a little extra thought and love attached to it.
Because remember ‘Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad’ – Anne Geddes
Here are some great ideas for you to consider this Father’s day.
Fathers Day Gift Ideas
- Personalized T-shirt – Give your dad a shirt which says ‘World’s Best Dad’. Something he can wear proudly. Customize it a little further by putting a family picture or hand prints.
- Baseball mitt and ball – Remind him of all the times he took you out to the ball park and helped you work on your arm. Get him a glove and ball with both your names engraved on it.
- Customized mug – Every morning when he wakes up and has his coffee, give him a reason to smile. Get him a mug he can take to his office.
- A snazzy watch–To help your dad be on time for all those games and practices, get him a really nice watch. Plus he’ll think of you every time he looks at it.
- Grilling cookbook and accessories–Most dads love their grills – this is what makes them Dad. Every Sunday when the family gets together, you’re likely to find your dad out by the grill cooking up some steaks or burgers with a nice cold beer in his hand. It’s his way of relaxing. Get him a recipe book to give him new ideas for all his grilling experiments. You could also get him a customized Apron with a cool inscription – #1 on the grill and #1 in our hearts.
- Best Dad Chocolate Collection–Dad’s love their chocolates too! Round up all his favorite chocolates and give him a sweet little gift he’ll enjoy devouring.
- Personalized Chocolates– Add an extra special touch to chocolates by customizing them! You can get chocolates that spell out dad or are in the shape of a car, baseball, football, briefcase etc. Let your imagination do the talking.
As Jim Valvano said “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” Fathers are incredible human beings. They’re always there for us and they often set great examples for us to follow. It’s important to take a moment to convey our appreciation so they know that we are better individuals only because of them.
This Father’s Day, put a little extra thought in your gift for the one whose never asked anything in return. Nothing warms the heart more than knowing that you’re loved and appreciated and that all that you’ve done hasn’t gone unnoticed.