In the hustle and bustle of daily life, it’s easy to under appreciate the people closest to us. Mother’s: is there anything they can’t do? An incredible bond exists between a mother and her child.
Every year when Mother’s Day rolls around, we’re given the opportunity to consciously appreciate all that our moms do for us. It’s a day set aside to celebrate the gifts our mother has given us – Gifts that cannot be quantified in any material form.
She held our hands as we tried to stand with wobbly legs, and patiently helped us try and try till we succeeded. She tolerantly fed us food when all we wanted to do was make silly faces and spit it out. She wiped our tears when we felt wronged by the world and held us till we felt safe again. She always saw the light shining within us; even when we couldn’t see it ourselves.
Moms are the true embodiment of superheroes -selfless and relentlessly devoted to her cause – us, her children.
This mothers day gifts, give your mom a gift that sings praises to her, that tries in some way to encapsulate the sheer intensity of your gratitude toward her.
In the words of Abraham Lincoln, “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.”
A Gift Fit for a Queen
- Scrapbook – This gift epitomizes thoughtfulness. Put together scrapbooks filled with pictures and anecdotes and take your mom on a trip down memory lane. You can make a scrapbook dedicated to a particularly memorable trip you took, or a specific time in your lives.
- Slideshow– Show off your techy skills by assembling a montage of pictures and video snippets. Gather around the whole family and enjoy a slideshow of the many milestones and good times you’ve had together.
- Personalized jewelry – Every woman likes a nice piece of bling and none are more deserving as much as mothers. You could get her a piece of jewelry made with her birthstone, or favorite gem. You can also get jewelry engraved with her initials or a sweet message.
- Spa day– Give your mom a chance to relax and unwind with a trip to the spa. Motherhood is a demanding job. As the author Jodi Picoult in her book My Sister’s Keeper comments “(24/7) once you sign on to be a mother, that’s the only shift they offer.”
- An outing for the two of you – Spend the day bonding and telling your mom just how much she means to you with activities the two of you love. You could go to a restaurant that you both enjoy, or go to a pottery class, or a movie.
- Make her dinner–We all know there’s nothing that can compare to our mom’s cooking. In addition to all the other things she does, she’s also a Master Chef. Turn the tables around on this special day and cook her favorite meal instead.
- IOU’s–make your mom a little booklet of ‘I owe you’s’ for her to cash in on throughout the year. Everything from doing the laundry, cooking dinner, cleaning up, taking her out, etc. She’ll love the chance to redeem these gifts at a time of her choosing.
- Customized chocolates–She’ll swoon when she sees a box filled with all the chocolates that she loves. Throw in a bottle of her favorite wine or champagne and she may just cry with delight.
- Gift basket– Give your mom a bit of all of the things she loves. Gift baskets can be stuffed with chocolate, candles, her favorite treats, scented soaps, bath products, etc. Customize the basket to suit your own unique mom.
Nicole Krauss in her book The History of Love attempted to explain the incredible role a mother plays in our lives: “She [my mother] was the force around which our world turned. My mother was propelled through the universe by the brute force of reason. She was the judge in all our arguments. One disapproving word from her was enough to send us off to hide in a corner, where we would cry and fantasize our own martyrdom. And yet. One kiss could restore us to princedom. Without her, our lives would dissolve into chaos.”
This Mothers Day Gifts, thank your incredible mother for all that she has done and continues to do with you with the most thoughtful of gifts