Wedding bells are ringing: Little girls begin imagining and planning their weddings from the time they’re old enough to stretch the wings of their imaginations. It’s no wonder:Disney movies fill their heads with visions of dashing princes and beautiful princesses being married among a sea of flowers and singing animals. Such grandeur, such magic! They twirl in their dresses and imagine the day their very own prince will be there to sing along to well-known songs with them.
Imagine for a second the following wedding day scenario:
An outdoor ceremony is planned on the banks of a flowing river. The day is immaculate. The sun’s glistening rays fall and create prisms of lights in the dew drops on the grass. The trees sway in the gentle breeze, resembling dancers. Delicate rose petals of white and red line the path that will lead the bride to her groom.
The day is immaculate.
Nerves are high. Palms are shaking. Anticipation hits you in rhythmic waves.
This is your day. This is your fairytale wedding.
The big day – here comes the bride: The itinerary of a typical wedding day is packed and this is what it typically looks like:
- Bride and groom get ready
- Pre-wedding photography session
- Guests arrive
- Wedding ceremony (I do!)
- Cocktail hour
- Newlyweds first dance
- Photography session with family and guests
- Wedding toasts and food (finally!)
- Party time! (everybody dance now)
- Cutting of the cake
- Last dance
- Farewell (ladies, get ready to fight for that bouquet)
Aside from all the excitement and fun of the wedding reception and the fact that you just got married to the love of your life, there’s one more thing you have to look forward to: Presents!
The Gift of Love:The bride and groom have it pretty easy – all they have to do is get married, right? The guests on the other hand have to spend weeks racking their brains for gift ideas. You could always look through the couple’s wedding registry to see what they want, but where’s the fun in that? Where’s the element of surprise?
If you want to go the extra mile for two people you really care about, why not give them something unique for their wedding? Sure it won’t be the Deluxe Toaster 3000 they want for their new home, but you have opportunity to show the couple how much you care with your well thought of gift.
Here are a couple ideas to help you out:
- Oh, the possibilities! Everyone loves to receive things with a personal touch. It shows the amount of thought put into the gift and the gift feels more personal. Here are a couple of ideas for personalized gifts for the couple:
- His and Her mugs
- Engraved wine glasses
- Photo collage of the couple on canvas
- Personalized t-shirts
- Frame their wedding invitation as a keepsake
- The gift of new experiences: Give the new couple the chance to explore new adventures and activities together. What’s more fun than trying out something new with your love?
- Buy them dance lessons
- Enroll them in an art class
- Book them a weekend getaway
- Buy them passes to a new play or amusement park
- Get them involved in adventure activities such as boating, camping, rock climbing, etc.
- A little something for the foodies: There are some people who just love their grub. Surprise these food lovers with one of these gifts.
- A case of their favorite wine or champagne
- A box of champagne truffles
- For the coffee or tea connoisseurs – a hamper full of the best coffee or tea and some goodies to go along with a cup of that hot drink.
- A large basket filled with gourmet chocolates
- Mr. and Mrs. hampers, each filled with their own individual favorite chocolates and treats
Forget scrolling through a registry filled with blenders and other typical household items. For the next wedding you go to, put a little extra thought into your gift. Sure, your gift won’t make the couple berry blast smoothies, but a thoughtful gift is certain to go a long way and be appreciated whole heartedly by the newlyweds.