1. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until thoroughly combined. Beat in the eggs, molasses, and vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice as necessary. Stir in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Then stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and allow the dough to chill for 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat pads.
4. Drop heaping tablespoons or #40 ice cream scoops of the dough 2" apart on the prepared baking sheets, flattening them slightly by hand. (Balls of dough may be placed next to each other on parchment-lined baking sheets, frozen, transferred to zipper-lock plastic freezer bags, and stored in the freezer for up to one month. Place frozen cookies on prepared sheets as above, and defrost on the counter for 30 minutes before baking.)
5. Bake until light golden, 8-10 minutes. Cool the cookies for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before using a metal spatula to transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Chocolate Chip Cookies will keep in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
Next Article: Chocolate Decadence And Fresh Berry Tart