Chocolate Irish coffee mousse:
- 11/3 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Baileys Irish Cream
1. Make mousse: Combine 1/3 cup heavy cream and espresso in medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to steep for at least 10 minutes (the longer the heavy cream steeps, the stronger the espresso flavor). Add salt and sugar to pot with heavy cream and cook until sugar dissolves and cream comes to a boil. Immediately pour hot cream over chopped chocolate. Allow to sit for 1 minute and whisk until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is fully emulsified. Add Baileys Irish Cream and vegetable oil to mixture and whisk until fully combined and creamy. Allow to cool for 5 minutes or until tepid.
2. Whip remaining heavy cream to soft peaks and keep chilled until chocolate mixture has cooled down. Fold 1/3 of whipped cream into chocolate mixture to lighten it. Gently fold in remaining whipped cream being careful not to over-fold.
3. Spoon or pipe mousse into 4 tall clear glass coffee mugs, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours to set. (The mousse can be prepped up to 2 days in advance.)
4. Make whipped cream: Whip heavy cream to soft peaks. Add Baileys Irish Cream and whisk until combined. Spoon or pipe a small amount of whipped cream onto the top of each prepared serving