21/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup whole milk
3 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cubed
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
1. Butter an 8" square baking dish and set aside.
2. Dissolve the instant espresso powder and cinnamon in 3 teaspoons of hot water. Stir until a paste forms, and set aside.
3. In a saucepan, heat milk, sugar, butter and chocolate over a medium heat until it reaches a boil. Do not stir or scrape down sides.
4. Lower heat, add a candy thermometer and heat (without stirring) until mixture reaches softball stage (238°F).
5. Remove from heat; allow to cool to 110°F, then with a rubber spatula scrape in espresso mixture. In an electric mixer, using paddle attachment, beat mixture until it loses its gloss and thickens.
6. Spread fudge evenly into prepared 8" square pan. Let cool for 20 minutes, then cut into 9 squares.
This recipe developed by Kim Steckler
Next Article: Milk Chocolate Caramel Mousse