1 egg whisked with a pinch of sugar
Granulated or confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
1. Make dough: Using a food processor, blend flour, salt, and sugar. Add butter and pulse to break butter into flour mixture. Mix until butter is in pea-sized pieces. Add egg, egg yolk and sour cream and process to form a soft dough or a mass.
2. Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and shape into a flattened disc. Divide into two portions and place each in a plastic bag and chill 1-2 hours or up to 3 days.
3. Stack two baking sheets together and line the top one with parchment paper.
4. Assemble pastries: Position rack to center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Allow dough to come to room temperature. Have filling ingredients nearby.
5. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out a portion at a time into a circle about 10" in diameter. Using a pastry wheel, cut dough into 10-12 wedges.
6. Smear on half of hazelnut spread, then sprinkle with half of cinnamon, chocolate and pecans. Tightly roll each pastry, from outer edge into center, into a small, snug crescent. Using a pastry brush, brush pastries with eggwash and sprinkle with sugar. Place pastries about 2" apart on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
7. Bake until nicely golden brown, about 25-32 minutes. Once cooled, you can also dust these with confectioners' sugar.
Next Article: Monster Chocolate Chip Mandelbrot Sticks